Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Vertical Search Engine, Courtesy Knowledge Storm

I keep revisiting the vertical search topic, but it's indicative of my intrigue with search engines and search algorithms that spurs me onward. Anything different from the majors interests me, immensely-- goes back to my knack for rooting for the underdog. Just seems the right thing to do.

Anyway, PRWeb today had a release from Knowledge Storm, www.knowledgestorm.com-- they are introducing a new vertical search engine, KnowIT, www.KnowIT.com which they claim will specialize in shaving down the search universe in the field of technology. That's what a vertical search engine does. Not exclusively for technology, but for any field of interest it aims to target. Separates the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. Knowledge Storm says that their KnowIT engine is "a true vertical technology engine." Are all the others false and unreal? Advertising.....